Friday, June 24, 2011

Abstract Art

I am always skeptical of the word "abstract" in abstract art.  Precisely what is "abstract"?  The definition is too vague.  Some treat the word as if it is synonymous with "interesting," which in itself is also a very vague word. 

Oh well.


Questions for discussion:
1) Is a blob abstract art?
2) What are the boundaries for abstract art for you?  I mean, is a sculpture of a giant glob of gum made from smaller globs of gum really abstract art?  How about your dog's backyard "droppings"?
3) What's the coolest thing you've ever heard a talking blob say?
4) Would you set this as your computer desktop background?
5) What's the derivative of 86x^2 + 7x - 7?  (A little bit of basic calculus a day keeps the doctor away?)

And, if you for some reason wish to download this and set it as your desktop background (basically, if you answered "yes" to question 4), here you go:


Click on the picture to view it in its original size.

On the first serious note in this entire blog, this weekend is a busy one for me:  I'm a maid of honor in my close friend's (read:  evil twin's) wedding.  Forgive me if my updates to this blog haven't been so "daily."  

No comments:

Post a Comment